cps called...never showed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpbrooks

CPS was called after I called the police about an altercation involving my daughter. This was on the 13th of March. They still have yet to contact me or my daughter about the matter. The DCFS web site states that they must make contact with victim with in 24 hours and perp with in 7 days if not sooner. Can they still contact me and can I still have issues with this matter even though they are way outside of their time frame?

I had gotten into an altercation where she had a handfull of my hair and was punching me in the stomach. I punched her in the arm 3 times trying to get her to let go of my hair. I called the police and they did nothing but tell me that they had to contact DCFS. This is not the first time that I have called the police over her being violent, but my grandmother was there and told the police that the only thing she saw was me hitting my daughter... she had her back to my daughter and did not see her punching me in the stomach, so she told the police that was just hitting her... as soon as my daughter let go, I removed myself and my other children from the situation. I took my younger children to my mothers house then came back with the police to try to get them to take her to the hospital for mental eval. She is a definite harm to others and it scares me to death for her to be around my younger children. So, can DCFS just show up whenever they feel like it? If so then why have the timeframes for an investigation? I am a nursing student and could lose all of my schooling if a battery charge is filed over all of this.

full info is posted in this forum under title of abusive teen.... hope this helps and any help is appreciated.... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back