Coworker leaves child in the office with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasehelpmeout

I'm not sure what to do. There is a coworker who has left her child with me in the office, supposedly to watch her for just a little while as she performs an errand. She has gone out for hours before and once totally forgot about the child and I pretended we were having a sleepover party at my house. I'm not sure what to do but I am afraid for this sweet child. You know you don't want to intrude on anyone's privacy but this isn't the usual situation. I would feel like a heartless piece of dirt if I didn't help but don't know what to do and if I have any legal responsibility too.

You are required to watch the child, only if you accept the request to mind the child.

If the aren't dent return at the agreed upon time, I suggest you call the police.

The police will take custody of the child, investigate the matter, and you are relieved of any responsibility in the matter.

I suggest you call "911" immediately and allow the police to protect the child and determine what the deadbeat is or is not doing!!!!

I'm not sure what to do. There is a coworker who has left her child with me in the office, supposedly to watch her for just a little while as she performs an errand. She has gone out for hours before and once totally forgot about the child and I pretended we were having a sleepover party at my house. I'm not sure what to do but I am afraid for this sweet child. You know you don't want to intrude on anyone's privacy but this isn't the usual situation. I would feel like a heartless piece of dirt if I didn't help but don't know what to do and if I have any legal responsibility too.

Thank you for the good advice. It is probably good sense to do what you suggest.

Right after I posted this she called me. She made some lame excuse why she was late and I read her the riot act since I was so mad. I told her that everybody knows what she does and everybody has their finger on the dial for 911. She came by crying to me and apologizing. I think this time I really scared her because she doesn't want to lose the baby. While a leopard doesn't usually change its spots I think that this one is going to think about it pretty hard. I could see it and that she is more scared of losing her daughter.

Thank you for the good advice. It is probably good sense to do what you suggest.

Right after I posted this she called me. She made some lame excuse why she was late and I read her the riot act since I was so mad. I told her that everybody knows what she does and everybody has their finger on the dial for 911. She came by crying to me and apologizing. I think this time I really scared her because she doesn't want to lose the baby. While a leopard doesn't usually change its spots I think that this one is going to think about it pretty hard. I could see it and that she is more scared of losing her daughter.

Creatures like this one CRY crocodile tears!

She'll pretend to be scared straight UNTIL the next time she craves some DOPE or SEX!!!

The next time she asks you to watch her kid, do what Nancy Reagan said, JUST SAY NO!!! :no:

It sounds like there is a bit of history here. It is still worth reporting to social services so they can investigate and keep tabs on the kid. Her behavior is not going to change just because of the conversation you had. She won't lose the child just because you make a report- she would lose the child if they found the child to be in danger, abused, or neglected.
She was responsible enough to leave the child with an adult, so it seems she has not neglected or abandoned it, but who knows what she might do if you stop agreeing to babysit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back