Coworker files claim against me - if I file a claim is it retaliation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbobtrusty

Thanks for the help in advance.

1) coworker guilty of same offenses files informal sexual harassment claim against me with our supervisor. No sexual advances are claimed by the accuser. Person never told me she was offended by me or others - did not file claims against other coworkers committing same offenses (only me).

2) Am cooperating with investigation and only wish to keep my job - will keep it easily if I don't retaliate (no such desire to).

3) As part of my counseling, I have been told to evaluate my behavior and think about how mine as well as other coworker comments affect the office.

4) Upon further investigation, I have realized I have been harassed by this same accuser under the laws in my state (iowa). Originally wasn't offended by comments, but under this scrutiny I see that my rights have also been violated. I am considering filing a claim.

QUESTION: Is a completely separate claim against this offender considered retaliation? Would it be if I displayed anger and wanted revenge? Can they be viewed as related?

QUESTION: Is a completely separate claim against this offender considered retaliation? Would it be if I displayed anger and wanted revenge? Can they be viewed as related?

I would wait to do anything until I had been cleared.

Any action you take against her, could be misconstrued as retaliation, even if the action is warranted.

You defend your case and walk.

Then, if you still feel aggrieved make your claim.

Thank you.

I am interested to hear any and all knowledgeable viewpoints so I can make an educated decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back