Covenant marriage

noah roush

Jurisdiction
Arizona
My mother got married to a abusive mentally person, was registered in Arizona, moved out to arkansas marriage was never updated been in Arkansas for 9 months is it not valid anymore are how can I get her away from this marriage quick, he beats the kids and is extremely violent.My plan was to get him really mad and record it and call police would that work? And also is the marriage void now or whats the deal on that?

What do you mean by "covenant marriage." What do you mean by "never updated"? A legal marriage in Arizona is valid in every other state in the US.

he beats the kids and is extremely violent

Then SHE is the one who should be calling the police to the scene when that happens. SHE should be the one who gets a restraining order. SHE should be the one who packs up her and the kids and finds a shelter for abused women. SHE is the one who should be filing for divorce.

Are you getting the picture? If SHE doesn't have the strength to do all that then any intervention on your part could get her killed because you can't guard her 24/7.

What do you mean by "covenant marriage." What do you mean by "never updated"? A legal marriage in Arizona is valid in every other state in the US.

Then SHE is the one who should be calling the police to the scene when that happens. SHE should be the one who gets a restraining order. SHE should be the one who packs up her and the kids and finds a shelter for abused women. SHE is the one who should be filing for divorce.

Are you getting the picture? If SHE doesn't have the strength to do all that then any intervention on your part could get her killed because you can't guard her 24/7.

Shes too sweet to go through with it. he would never try to kill her i know that much he just will hit kids and have very messed up punishments for very little things, but would beat and a covvenant marriage which is only allowed in three states is one of the most difficult marriages to get out of, and i meant that they got married in arizona and now we are in arkansas been here for 9 months.

Shes too sweet to go through with it. he would never try to kill her i know that much he just will hit kids and have very messed up punishments for very little things, but would beat and a covvenant marriage which is only allowed in three states is one of the most difficult marriages to get out of, and i meant that they got married in arizona and now we are in arkansas been here for 9 months.

Physical abuse is one of the reasons for divorce in a covenant marriage in Arizona. She needs to talk to an Arizona family law attorney to start on that. The marriage won't end just by her moving out of the state. She has to file for divorce to do it.

Physical abuse is one of the reasons for divorce in a covenant marriage in Arizona. She needs to talk to an Arizona family law attorney to start on that.

You mean Arkansas, where she (or they) have lived for 9 months and physical abuse is also grounds. (I looked it up.)

they got married in arizona and now we are in arkansas been here for 9 months.

Here's a guide to ending a covenant marriage in Arkansas:

https://www.arlegalservices.org/files/FSCovenantMarriage.pdf

Shes too sweet to go through with it.

Then nothing changes.

Your failure to use normal capitalization and punctuation makes it difficult to read and understand what you wrote. You seem to have haphazardly thrown punctuation and capital letters at random points in your post.

My mother got married to a abusive mentally person, was registered in Arizona

What does "registered" mean in this context? Since Arizona does not allow the formation of common law marriages, the only way to get married legally is to get a license and then file it after the ceremony. Is that you're talking about?

moved out to arkansas marriage was never updated

"Updated"? Huh? One does not need to "update" date anything with respect to one's marriage simply because one moves from one state to another.

been in Arkansas for 9 months is it not valid anymore

Again, huh?

how can I get her away from this marriage quick

If your mother doesn't want to be married to her husband anymore, she can file for divorce. You're free to let her live with you.

he beats the kids and is extremely violent.

So...call the police and child protective services.

My plan was to get him really mad and record it and call police would that work?

We have no way of predicting this.

And also is the marriage void now or whats the deal on that?

No idea what the second part of this sentence means, but nothing in your post suggests the marriage is void (or voidable).

a covvenant marriage which is only allowed in three states is one of the most difficult marriages to get out of

Arizona and Arkansas are two of the three states that have "covenant marriages." My guess is that moving to pretty much any of the other 47 states would allow for an easier exit. Why anyone would agree to a "covenant marriage" is beyond me.

You mean Arkansas, where she (or they) have lived for 9 months and physical abuse is also grounds. (I looked it up.)

If they are both in Arkansas now, then yes that would be the appropriate state for the divorce. It really wasn't clear to me exactly what the situation was.

Back