Other Criminal Procedure court proceedings and jail for failing to testify against a spouse

DDBB

My wife has a medical condition known as Hypoglycemia. During such an event when her blood/sugar level drops she experiences altered mental status and becomes very irate and combative. Also she will do and say things which she later cannot remember. (much like a very inebriated person) During such an event she accused me of hitting her after bumping her head on the car roof. Someone called the police and they made her file a report. She has now been subpoenaed and went to court where she refused to testify claiming spousal privileges and the fifth amendment. The deputy prosecutor became very angry and locked her up in jail. This was two days ago and she is still there. What can I (or anyone else) do to help get her out of jail?

My wife has a medical condition known as Hypoglycemia. During such an event when her blood/sugar level drops she experiences altered mental status and becomes very irate and combative. Also she will do and say things which she later cannot remember. (much like a very inebriated person) During such an event she accused me of hitting her after bumping her head on the car roof. Someone called the police and they made her file a report. She has now been subpoenaed and went to court where she refused to testify claiming spousal privileges and the fifth amendment. The deputy prosecutor became very angry and locked her up in jail. This was two days ago and she is still there. What can I (or anyone else) do to help get her out of jail?

You can fall on your sword and tell the truth.
Otherwise, your wife will receive punishment and abuse that belong to someone you see daily when you look in any mirror.

I won't bore you with why that spousal privilege defense (and the 5th amendment privilege) didn't fly, and suggest you avoid using either of them, too.

Can you or someone bail/bond her out of jail?

You do need to be truthful to all parties about what happened.

Back