Counterfeit Travelers/Cashiers Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

scammedinbam

I signed up for a part time job offer to accept Travelers Checks and postal money orders and cashiers checks for X amount of dollars, then csh the checks, etc.. and keep 10-15% and mail the rest of the money to Ghana, Africa, Well I cashed some of the Travelers Checks and come to find out they ALL were counterfeit, But I never wired the rest of the money I kept it. So am I liable to pay this money back to the banks? Im on total disability, $1000 bucks a month, and these creeps that were sending me the checks, money orders, etc... Do they just get off scott free? With me holding the bag?:rolleyes:

That is a scam. It is know by the FBI as 419 scams………..read more about it on Wikipedia. You have unknowing fully been involved in a crime. Call the FBI hotline for advice and give a statement to the local police. That will cover you…………Tell them the whole story. Those checks have been cashed in your name and they could come after you for counterfeits and fraud. Take this seriously and act before they start looking for you. If they find you first, they will feel you are involved.

That is a scam. It is know by the FBI as 419 scams………..read more about it on Wikipedia. You have unknowing fully been involved in a crime. Call the FBI hotline for advice and give a statement to the local police. That will cover you…………Tell them the whole story. Those checks have been cashed in your name and they could come after you for counterfeits and fraud. Take this seriously and act before they start looking for you. If they find you first, they will feel you are involved.

I have already spoken with the local authorities and Secret Service from Mobile, I also did an interview for the Mobile-Press Register Newspaper, and all the remaining checks, and money orders, etc.. have been turned over to them, I was just wondering if the money I kept, Im I liable to pay it back to the banks/WalMart where I cashed them? Thanks mafioso

This is not legal Advice.

Your Quote: I was just wondering if the money I kept, Im I liable to pay it back to the banks/Wal-Mart where I cashed them.

This solely depends on whether or not you want to be known to be involved in a multi national crime? At the end of the day you have been jooped into being a major player in this event.
As for paying the money back, it depends if the company's you say are involved and if they decide they want they want there money back.
How can you refuse? If you refuse you might as well be the key player to the crime.
It is down to morals and moralistically you know, you have to pay back what was not yours to start with.

Good luck

Mark

Mark is right. I know you worked and wasted time on this "fake job or scam". You can do as he says, or call the cops for advice on what to do. Sometimes they would tell you to give the money back when they figure out the real owner. Or they would tell you, you can wait till contacted since you have been so honest about it. The cops are the ones who can advice you exactly who to return the money to even though you know where you got it from. There is a process since a crime was committed............

This is not legal Advice.

Your Quote: I was just wondering if the money I kept, Im I liable to pay it back to the banks/Wal-Mart where I cashed them.

This solely depends on whether or not you want to be known to be involved in a multi national crime? At the end of the day you have been jooped into being a major player in this event.
As for paying the money back, it depends if the company's you say are involved and if they decide they want they want there money back.
How can you refuse? If you refuse you might as well be the key player to the crime.
It is down to morals and moralistically you know, you have to pay back what was not yours to start with.

Good luck

Mark

Thanks for your input, I am paying back the money, slowly which is all I can do. So I guess the counterfeiters that sent me the check's, money orders, etc... Just joooped me:mad:

I must commend you for your intergrity...........Keep it up! You are a good guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back