Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Couldn't complete court ordered agreement. What's my status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fm2002

About 8 years ago I was visiting my family in California and during that time was caught for DUI. I don't live in California nor the USA. I live in Asia than and now. I hired a lawyer and the court came up with a way they thought I could pay my debt to society. It turned out that I couldn't find nor do I think there is anywhere near me an accredited DUI school as was part of the deal. So I never completed what the court ordered. My question is what is my status? Is there a SOL and would it apply in my case? I don't plan on ever living in the USA again, but I do visit my family every year and really would like to know. I have a friend who's a retired California Police detective and I've been debating whether to ask him to run my name and see what comes up?

Since you failed to meet your probation requirements its likely a warrant has been issued for your arrest. Any contact with law Enforcement will likely result in your arrest. Its also possible you would be denied entry due to this as well

You're better off anywhere but the USA.
This once great nation is in a state of perpetual decline.
Be smart and don't come here.
Have your family visit you in another country.
Better yet, have them get out of the USA while they are allowed to do so.
I was born here, back in the good old days, but we are emigrating soon to a quieter, less intrusive nation.
Don't risk your freedom by coming back here.
You don't owe this country a darned thing.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

No SOL would apply. If you failed to complete the terms of your sentence, there is almost certainly a warrant for your arrest.

If you have a detective friend run your name for you using anything but publicly accessible web sites (as you could) then you will be asking him to commit a state and federal crime. Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back