Corrected w-2

D

Donald R. First

Jurisdiction
Texas
Circumstances are this. My spouse has been on Disability. She had employer sponsored coverage. Her cover was due to terminate this year. There has been a dispute about payments and they claimed she has been overpaid. They reduced her benefits in 2012 but have requested she pay bac some $5,000. They only paid her for January of this year. $1,209.59. we have received a W-2 for over $4,900.. They refuse to issue a corrected w-2, indicating a tax credit letter will be sent. This is unacceptable. All I want is a W-2 for the correct amount!

Circumstances are this. My spouse has been on Disability. She had employer sponsored coverage. Her cover was due to terminate this year. There has been a dispute about payments and they claimed she has been overpaid. They reduced her benefits in 2012 but have requested she pay bac some $5,000. They only paid her for January of this year. $1,209.59. we have received a W-2 for over $4,900.. They refuse to issue a corrected w-2, indicating a tax credit letter will be sent. This is unacceptable. All I want is a W-2 for the correct amount!

If someone disputes the receipt of a valid W2, his or her quest starts by contacting the uncaring, all knowing, IRS.

Tax Law Questions

Your wife is not going to force any employer to create a corrected W2.

You might find more help by contacting a tax attorney, IRS enrolled agent, or CPA.

Back