copyrights infringment

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAGOFNJ

Hello and thank you for let me in. I would like a question referring to copyrights or I think it may be trademark which am not sure.

We are developing new software for the beauty salon industry. I am gathering information from different sources or brand names for example L'Oreal's, that information will be used in the software, that information is being used in this industry for long time. I am not claiming that such detail information belongs to me because is not but I want to used in my software. Can I do that? And do I have to post a note at the bottom in the software agreement? I will appreciate any help that I can get since I can not afford an attorney to do this. Thank you.
:confused:

I thought I remember discussing this question - I don't know what information you are collecting. I have no idea if it is subject to copyright law, e.g. a special compilation of data. You cannot simply post a disclaimer to get rid of a copyright problem since it's like saying that you want to acknowledge that you're providing the property of others without permission but don't acknowledge liability (although you'll accept subscription fees) - see the problem? If you're making the effort to do this business, look at hiring an attorney as a necessary part of the business, not an option. Most forget this, go into a business spending much time and money, and then end up with nothing to show for it when they find out they can't do what they thought legally. Good luck and let us know if you need additional help here or also if you've decided that you need the attorney route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back