Copyright infringement, pet beds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larisa330

I have been making a pet bed for several months now, I received an email from a company in the Netherlands, portions as follows:

In this quality we have been entitled to action against violation by others on this copyright. We have determined that the product(s) on your internet website has been inferred/are a copy of the --------.
By doing so you are violating the copyrights, owned by --------. We request you, and as far as necessary we summon you, to stop unlawful acting against our products and copyrights immediately, stop selling the copy of the ------- and confirm to us in writing within 5 working days that you did so.

They are similar, but also have differences. Do I need to stop selling them?
Thanks for any advice.

I have been making a pet bed for several months now, I received an email from a company in the Netherlands, portions as follows:

In this quality we have been entitled to action against violation by others on this copyright. We have determined that the product(s) on your internet website has been inferred/are a copy of the --------.
By doing so you are violating the copyrights, owned by --------. We request you, and as far as necessary we summon you, to stop unlawful acting against our products and copyrights immediately, stop selling the copy of the ------- and confirm to us in writing within 5 working days that you did so.

They are similar, but also have differences. Do I need to stop selling them?
Thanks for any advice.

Only a court can command you to do something.
The legal force of such a letter is akin to extortion, as long as you have not infringed on their copyright.
And, even if there is some unintentional copyright infringement, how do you think these wooden show wearing, dike pluggers can order you in the USA to cease and desist.
They'd have to sue you in the USA in a federal district court (nearest your home), or a state court in your state of residency.

If it were my decision, and I knew I had done nothing wrong, I'd ignore these useless, toothless, empty threats.

Whatever you do, don't OPEN UP A CAN OF "whoop a**" on yourself!!!!

One final thought, had you sent them a similar letter, do you think they'd stop doing business and acquiesce to your financial demands?

That's why you should ignore these scammers!

Last edited:
Have they shown you this alleged copyright they have? So far its stuff and nonsense, saber rattling and blah blah. I agree with A.C., who cares for them?

As of yet they have not provided copyright info, I am not currently responding to them to see what happens next.

As of yet they have not provided copyright info, I am not currently responding to them to see what happens next.

These cases are rampant.
They scare people into paying them.
They scour the internet everyday, looking for victims and marks.
They send demand letters.
Don't even read them.
If they were real, they'd never be sent by email.
They'd be sent by registered mail, or served by a law enforcement official.
There is nothing that a Dutch court can do to someone in the US.
Hold your ground.
Ignore and dismiss these crook!

I would not respond to them it all. Do as army said and ignore them Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back