cops that are liars and think their above it

Status
Not open for further replies.

superman777

So I pulled over and was going to talk to a hooker. She started walking towards my car which I was still a good half a block away from her. Then in the back of my mirror I saw a cop car drove by. I drove away and the cops met me a block down as he went around the other way. I think they were hoping that I picked her up and they would give me a ticket. They didn't see her in my car so they followed me for a few blocks. I then pulled in a 7 eleven and this is when they pulled me over. They gave me a ticket for trying to pick up a hooker. They lied and said that I talk to her, which there is no way in hell that they saw me talked to her. How could they give me a ticket for talking to a hooker when they don't even have her around. I really want these guy fire, what are my options? They are three young punks that have a power trip. I think they were piss when I pulled in the store and got attitudes with me. What can I do?

What state are you in and what code section were you cited for?

They may say you "talked" to her, but the section for which you were cited might be something that never requires conversation.

- Carl

Hey Carl. I'm in Philadelphia. Charge section & subsection was 6308-A. Violation type was Vehicle code. Not sure what you're asking but I think is one of those two.

What I had hoped to do was find the specific violation you were cited for ... and I doubt it has anything to do with "talking" to a prostitute. It is likely for an illegal stop, or some such thing. Unfortunately the PA code is not on line and trying to find the relevant sections through the piecemeal placement of the code here and there on line is next to impossible so I cannot find it.

So, the violation may indeed be very viable. Until you can find out specifically what the elements of the offense are, you can't address it at court.

If you wish to avoid this in the future, perhaps you should avoid trolling as you were.

- Carl

Ya know, I came across the same page and I must have looked for 6803 ... duh. Thanks for the find, Irish!

Here it is:

(a) Duty of operator or pedestrian.--The operator of any vehicle or any pedestrian reasonably believed to have violated any provision of this title shall stop upon request or signal of any police officer and shall, upon request, exhibit a registration card, driver's license and information relating to financial responsibility, or other means of identification if a pedestrian or driver of a pedalcycle, and shall write their name in the presence of the police officer if so required for the purpose of establishing identity.

If this was the only violation, then apparently you (superman777) failed to perform some duty as required by law. I doubt it was talking to a prostitute.

- Carl

Hey Carl, they wrote on the ticket ( Def did attempt to pick up a known prostitute). First of all I can't pick one up if they never saw me talked to her. Another, they don't even have the prostitute they claim I was talking to. Then, I could be talking about anything even if they saw me talked to her which they didn't. Botton line these guys lied.

Hey Carl, they wrote on the ticket ( Def did attempt to pick up a known prostitute).
Since that conversation is not an element of the offense, it has about as much legal meanings as indicating the color of socks he was wearing. More than likely the notation was a note to remind him of the event should it go to court later on. Or, that this action of attempting to speak to or contact a prostitute was what caused you to violate the section.

But, the offense you appear to have been cited for was not for speaking to a prostitute.

In the end, the officer will have to articulate that what you did was in violation of the section cited. You will have your opportunity to address it in court.

Oh, and there is a difference between being incorrect and lying. If a prostitute started walking your way and it appeared you summoned her towards you, that's not a "lie" that is merely their interpretation. You wrote that the officer wrote that the defendant attempted to pick up a prostitute ... well, isn't that what you were doing?

- Carl

Yes I was going to talk to her before I saw them drove by. I would be fine with it if they saw me talking to her, but they assumed it and then told me that the reason why she didn't get in the car with me is probably because she saw them. Meaning that they didn't see it but that's what probably happend. What was the probable cause for pulling over? When I asked him what he was pulling me over for, he got really pissed and yelled at me for my informations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back