Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant cops came IN my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxanne

i had 4 people over my house a few weeks ago and i live on a private driveway in an apartment, and most of the cops around here dont even know this place exists, but anyway we were smoking pot with the door open cause NO ONE knows this place is here and all of a sudden 2 cops are at my front door telling us to put our hands up and stand, and then they proceeded to WALK in my house and look around then took us outside and asked whos pot it was and my friend confessed but since when they saw in the door i was hitting the pipe they arrested us both,and i am charged with disorderly conduct ,poss of marij. ,and poss. of paraphanailia

so what i want to know is #1, are they allowed to just walk in my house like that? and #2 what kind of consequenses do i face ? its my first time being arressted...

since it seems the occurrence was a case of "plain smell" and you were so friendly as to leave your door open for all the world to come in it sounds very much like yes, the cops were allowed to this.

And what consequences this will have depends on the state you are in, the prosecutor's and the judge's mood...

Without more details one cannot say more to this.

where what how?

You need to always state the state you are interested in, since every state has its own rules. From your name I assume it is Texas.

It is also important to know the exact charges, because there are different time limitations on different charges.

Most felonies have a three year limitation.

Of course, always remember that many drug charges nowadays are being brought in Federal Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back