Controlling biological mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdoc

My step daughter is 3. We have joint legal and physical custody of her. We have a First Right of Refusal in place which has wholey not been a problem. My husband and I now have a new baby, and therefore is my step daughter's half brother. Her bio mother is largely problematic, said negative things about the baby before it arrived, told my step daughter she wouldn't be loved like the new baby etc. She wants to minimize my step daughter's interaction in our new family and states that she is to go to daycare on days that are not 'ours', even though I am available and home with the baby. My husband and I feel it would of course be best if my step daughter had as much interaction with her new brother as possible, to build a strong bond. I realize as a step parent, I have no rights, but now with a new brother at home it seems that there should be more emphasis on family time.

So my question is, when both of my step daughter's biological parents are unavailable, and I am home, with the new baby, does my step daughter have to go her commercial daycare, on her mother's days?

Q: So my question is, when both of my step daughter's biological parents are unavailable, and I am home, with the new baby, does my step daughter have to go her commercial daycare, on her mother's days?

A: Sounds like a good idea to me.

there is no we

My step daughter is 3. We have joint legal and physical custody of her. We have a First Right of Refusal Her bio mother i I realize as a step parent, I have no rights,

then since you understand you have no rights, you need to drop the WE from your vocabulary. the only WE were this child is concerned is your husband(dad) and his ex( mom). THEY have joint custody of THEIR child, you have no custody at all ( and never will) THEY have first right of refusal, you have no say over this child at all

So my question is, when both of my step daughter's biological parents are unavailable, and I am home, with the new baby, does my step daughter have to go her commercial daycare, on her mother's days?

We deal with a similar situation in our family. I have twin girls and I would love for their half sister to see them more often but unfortunately, when she is with her mom during her mom's time, whatever her mom wants to do with her is her mom's business, even though it doesnt seem fair. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back