Contracts

Yes.

But there might be exceptions, depending on details, and you have provided none.

What would the exceptions be? The company name is the brand necessity the owner is Brittany Adams and neither of them are registered... I signed a contract with her for her to do my website she wasn't able to do the things we discussed Before I gave her the $1000 deposit and before I signed the contract ... There's no description of what we're suppose to be getting on the website in the contract but the fine print says she can keep the deposit if we decide we don't want to work with her anymore .. She never started the site she was working on the coming soon page and that's when she told us she wasn't able to do what we asked but she doesn't want to give the deposit back.. So I'm filed a claim to take her to small claims then she filed a claim to have it taking to civil court

What would the exceptions be? The company name is the brand necessity the owner is Brittany Adams and neither of them are registered... I signed a contract with her for her to do my website she wasn't able to do the things we discussed Before I gave her the $1000 deposit and before I signed the contract ... There's no description of what we're suppose to be getting on the website in the contract but the fine print says she can keep the deposit if we decide we don't want to work with her anymore .. She never started the site she was working on the coming soon page and that's when she told us she wasn't able to do what we asked but she doesn't want to give the deposit back.. So I'm filed a claim to take her to small claims then she filed a claim to have it taking to civil court

There you have it, mate, a court will decide.

You should have never signed such an onerous contract.
Bad contract, good contract, it's never a wise idea to pay in full prior to delivery of the product, good, or service in most cases.

However, the court might see what I do, and rule the contract as a form of UNJUST ENRICHMENT.

You'll just have to litigate to know.

There you have it, mate, a court will decide.

You should have never signed such an onerous contract.
Bad contract, good contract, it's never a wise idea to pay in full prior to delivery of the product, good, or service in most cases.

However, the court might see what I do, and rule the contract as a form of UNJUST ENRICHMENT.

You'll just have to litigate to know.

I didn't pay the entire thing the total was $2000 I gave her the deposit of $1000 in Roseville the clerk said we HAVE to have a lawyer in that district of we're filing as a business so we're still looking for a lawyer I just needed some advice and which way to go from here

I didn't pay the entire thing the total was $2000 I gave her the deposit of $1000 in Roseville the clerk said we HAVE to have a lawyer in that district of we're filing as a business so we're still looking for a lawyer I just needed some advice and which way to go from here

That's even better for you.
Nevertheless, paying anything more than $1.00 in a deposit isn't something I consider beneficial to me.
If more than $1.00 is demanded, I simply run away as fast as I can from that deal.
I'm suspicious by nurture, because that's what mother and father taught me to be.
It serves to insulate the seller, rather reward the seller.
You have a better choice now, however.
You can let it go, as two large isn't as substantial a loss to most people.
You can also sue for return of your two large in small claims.
The theory of such a case would be unjust enrichment.
Courts don't like to reward people for doing nothing.
You cam also wait for the seller to sue you, file a counterclaim on the basis of UNJUST ENRICHMENT, and let the court decide.
What you do is entirely up to you.

Back