Business Contracts Consulting Agreement - Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

omoro

Hi, As a Consultant/Service Provider to a group of independently owned food stores, can I legally state in a Consulting Agreement that my vendor list and business contacts cannot be used after the agreement has been terminated? I combine their orders as a buyer to make volume discounted food orders or the group. I basically want to know what information that I possess can be protected and shared with new clients. Thanks In Advance

You might want to run want you all want to put in the agreement by an attorney.

Some one else may have some additional information for you.

Hi, As a Consultant/Service Provider to a group of independently owned food stores, can I legally state in a Consulting Agreement that my vendor list and business contacts cannot be used after the agreement has been terminated? I combine their orders as a buyer to make volume discounted food orders or the group. I basically want to know what information that I possess can be protected and shared with new clients. Thanks In Advance

The best way to protect anything is never to reveal it.
That said, all any contract offers is the ability to seek legal redress if its breached. I've found it easier to what we did as kids, a handshake or a pinkie promise, all built on honor. Yeah, tough to find much of that these days, ain't it?

So, a contract is all you've got. If that's breached, off to court you go.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

In general you can use a NDA with a non-circumvention provision to specify that information that you compile,such lists of contacts that you first introduce to a counterparty, are confidential, and that the counterparty may not profit from them without your consent. Brokers frequently use these arrangements before they reveal their sources to their clients so that their clients do not cut them out of deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back