Consultant/Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_R

I have been working at this company for 4 months now. I started as a consultant to help them with a state audit. I have now become the office administrator. The problem is the Vice President of the company (in name only) is the daughter of the owner. She terrorizes one of the employees verbally every day. This person has been here for 9 years and has a learning disability. She is a single mother, has 4 children and does well. The owner likes her work. When she takes a phone message she will write it down on her notepad and then look the words up in the dictionary to assure correct spelling before she passes it on to you. I commend her. The VP calls her stupid, will deliberately give her false information so she can yell at her later, misplace things, call her ignorant, etc. (you get the picture). This behavior goes on day after day. I am ready to throw his daughter out the window. She is rude, abusive and creates a hostile environment. Even her own sister is intimidated by her. The only reason I have survived thus far is because when he threw a file at me, and yelled, I told her she had one more time to do it and I would call the police and have her carted away (she knows I'll do it). Isn't her behavior to harrassment? Her father has asked me to intervene.

Boss' Job

:eek: Why is the father asking you to intervene? The daughter is a VP, the father is her boss, and you work under both of them. It sounds like she treats everyone this way, not just the woman you mentioned who is LD. The father really should be the one who handles this situation. You could perhaps suggest to the owner that he send his daughter to sensitivity training, leadership training, and/or other seminars that deal with executive behavior and EEOC laws.

Honestly, I would say something to her. Let he know that her behavior towards this person is totally unaccpetable and that you have witnesses totally unprofessional bahavior to her.

I am surprised though tthat the father has asked you to intervene?

Give this woman your support, and say something to this rude woman next time you witness her rudeness. I would, even it means finding another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back