CONSTANT Telemarketing ( TCPA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmendez

Hello All,

Thank you in advance. Ive been getting atleast 1 phone call a week for the past few months from a school (ITT tech).. trying to get me to sign up for school. Im being conservative when I say 1 call. EVERY time they call, I tell them Ive told the previous rep to take me off of there call list, and every time they apologize and say they will.. and every time I tell them thats what the last person said. I was reading up on the "Telephone Consumer Protection Act".. It seems tha they owe me $500 for every time theyve called me after I told them to take me off there list... Atleast i think this is correct. Theres a lot of contridicting articles out there. If this is right, do I go to small claims, are there attornies I can call? (Chicago).

I believe those penalties only apply if you are on the do-not-call list, and you must have been on the list for some 30-60 days or so before any action can be taken.

I believe those penalties only apply if you are on the do-not-call list, and you must have been on the list for some 30-60 days or so before any action can be taken.

I belive it also states something about the "company specific" do not call list. Does anyone know for sure about this matter?

Its a FEDERALLY mandatied act, cmon people seriously? does anyone KNOW anything about this?

Try this site

You can sue any telemarketer who violates the TCPA (47 United States Code 227) whether they are in state or out of state in your local small claims court. Google "fight telemarketing" it will take you to a website that will explain how one non-lawyer did it.

Hello All,

It seems tha they owe me $500 for every time theyve called me after I told them to take me off there list... Atleast i think this is correct.If this is right, do I go to small claims, are there attornies I can call? (Chicago).

WOW, $500!!! :blush:

Who knew it was that easy!!! :dunno:

Dude, let it build up to $10,000.

No wait, $100,000, that's more money ain't it??? :cheer:

See, that way you get MORE money!!!:yes:

How do I get in on this?

I want them dudes to start calling me, too (for a little while, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back