Consequences of someone violating their own order of protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunteWil08

My ex-boyfriend and the mother of thier children are going to court friday because she lied and said that he beat her with a crowbar. She has an order of protection on him but harms herself somehow, goes to his house bruised and cut everywhere and either asks for help or curses him out then she tells the cops and/or doctors that he beat her, which is definitely not true. He is being punished for something that he didnt do and this is the second time she has done this in a month and now they have to go to court friday for it. What can he do to show that he has not beat her and that she is violating her order of protection by always going to his house? Would she face jail time for falsifying evidence in court by saying he beat her and violating the order of protection that she filed against him?

He should get out of the relationship, get custody of his children, but thats the long term fix. he cant do a whole lot in court now but tell his side of the story and hope the judge belives him

He is no longer with her but she always comes around. He finally got it where she does not have custody of the kids but her mom does. He and her both have visitation rights. But how harsh of a penalty can she have for violating her protective order, especially if the judge finds out that it is from self-enforced violence?

It's obvious to me that he needs to call the police when she shows up at his house. Why he hasn't thought about this makes me question if he is being honest.

It depends on the laws in your un-named state.

In general, she cannot violate an order that does not prevent her from coming around him. he's a fool for even opening the door, however, and dollars to donuts, SOMETHING has happened each of these times. i doubt she pummels and cuts herself, drives to his house to make nice, and then calls the cops when he doesn't give in to whatever it is she wants. I just don't buy it. She may injure herself, but he's likely giving her the opportunity somehow.

when she comes over, he needs to keep the door closed and call the cops. he should not respond to calls, texts or e-mails, and when she does this to him, he should log them in a notebook and save the electronic data for future reference.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back