Consent form needed for an adult to accept phone and PC monitoring - have one?

abdu.a

Jurisdiction
D.C.
I am about to install legal computer monitoring software on an adult (over 18) family member's PC and cell phone with their consent (webwatcher.com). However, webwatcher.com did not provide me a consent form to use. Does anyone know of a good website link with a consent form my adult family member can sign before I install the monitoring software?

You can also email me one.

Thanks!

Nothing complicated about it.

"Dear Abdu,

I give you my consent to monitor my PC and phone with monitoring software. This consent is good until I revoke it in writing.

Sincerely,

Joe ___________ Date___________

The above works very for the basics. Essentially @army judge is telling you to put your agreement into plain words that is signed by the other party so they can't deny what happened later. It's a great practice that you can follow if you don't have any legal help on hand and you need an agreement now. Better safe with something than have nothing and be sorry later.

At some point if you're performing as a computer consultant you'll probably want to have an attorney draft a legal services agreement for you. It can contain terms that will help you deal with other aspects of liability that may have been said explicitly or implied in your agreement with the client. For example, you might have a clause which states that the client understands and agrees that you are not the developer of the software, not responsible for the software's reliability, failure to perform or to provide updates. It may seem common sense but you may have clients who will later complain that you made promises and representations about the software and which is why you installed it for them.

The above works very for the basics. Essentially @army judge is telling you to put your agreement into plain words that is signed by the other party so they can't deny what happened later. It's a great practice that you can follow if you don't have any legal help on hand and you need an agreement now. Better safe with something than have nothing and be sorry later.

At some point if you're performing as a computer consultant you'll probably want to have an attorney draft a legal services agreement for you. It can contain terms that will help you deal with other aspects of liability that may have been said explicitly or implied in your agreement with the client. For example, you might have a clause which states that the client understands and agrees that you are not the developer of the software, not responsible for the software's reliability, failure to perform or to provide updates. It may seem common sense but you may have clients who will later complain that you made promises and representations about the software and which is why you installed it for them.

Great advice, Michael.
But, adjuster jack gave the easy to use consent agreement.

I agree, simple is a great construct.

Back