Confused & Worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenwings73

I want property division. We were married for 22 years and since we split up, he is charging credit over the limit. I left our home because he was abusive & since I left him he has been spiteful. We moved to Lancaster & bought a $265,000 home 7 years ago. We refinance twice already. We have a lot of debt that he incurred during the marriage & even more now that we are separated. Is there going to be anything left by the time the house gets sold?

I want property division. We were married for 22 years and since we split up, he is charging credit over the limit. I left our home because he was abusive & since I left him he has been spiteful. We moved to Lancaster & bought a $265,000 home 7 years ago. We refinance twice already. We have a lot of debt that he incurred during the marriage & even more now that we are separated. Is there going to be anything left by the time the house gets sold?

You equally own the home as long as you are married.

He can spend everything, and so can you.

It might not be smart, but its legal.

He's probably spending to spite you.

If you want the marital assets protected unitl they are divided, this is what you must do:

Speak to a couple lawyers in your county (the initial meeting is often free of charge, so inquire before you go)

Select a lawyer to represent you, the lawyer's fees can be collected out of the marital assets (this is how you get to stiff him in a manner of speaking)

The lawyer will file for divorce and request the court to order the marital asets be frozen until they are divided during the divorce

Make sure your lawyer knows EXACTLY what you want, as far as the division of the assets goes

Then instruct your lawyer to act quickly, and file for divorce

Then you wait

The court battle begins

A separation is meaningless in most cases

A divorce action and a court order is the only way to get him to stop

Good luck!!!

Off you go, ask anymore questions of the lawyers you'll meet with this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back