Confused in MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meller2003

My ex husband and I have been separated for almost a year. We have a 4 year old. We currently live over 100 miles from each other and have agreed on a week to week visitation for our child and it has worked out great! During the course of our divorce my ex has denied bringing our child back to me for visitation on a few occasions. I took my ex to court and the judge ordered every 4 day visitation. We had that arrangement for about a month. My ex and I decided that week to week would be better for our child and we have continued this. Our divorce was finalized a week and a half ago. Our issue was that our child would be attending school this fall and my ex would not agree on any visitation for the best interests of our child. The judge had to intervene and he ordered that my ex and I move to the same town (which would be the town we currently meet in for visitation) , get new jobs and enroll our child in a new school. I did not agree to this new change for our child. She has already been through so much. My attorney basically told me that this was the only option so I should sign the decree and get it over with. She also said that the only reason why the judge ordered such a order was because he wanted us as parents to make the best decision for our child. I offered my ex every option for the best interests of our daughter yet he agrees to move to a new town. I don't know where I stand or what to do anymore. It seems to me that my ex just wants "me" close to him. :confused:

I'm sorry... but at least you can control what that means with regard to the relationship between you and your ex. Within any divorce involving a child each parent has a certain amount of control due to the common element... it's not easy and I wish you luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back