International Issue Confused Canandian

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcguire31

Hi I am a Canadian citizen and have plans to marry an American. We have been searching the internet trying to find some answers to our questions. Would it be easier to get married when I am down visiting or should we apply for a fiance visa before I go. How long does the process usually take after we are married that I can live there full time and work. The thing is that I have children that will be coming with me and in todays world raising a family the two parents have to work to make it. Also they are school age children and I would like to get married in june or july and have all the paper work in and ready so I can be living down there and working before school starts back in september. I have a trip planned for april because we just purchased a house and was wondering if we should apply for a finace visa before I go or wait until I come back. We have no idea how any of this works Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

I'm not 100% sure but I do know that you'll have to speak to the US consulate anyways. They will be able to give you direct information. This is their site in case it didn't appear:

http://www.usembassycanada.gov/index.asp

There is also some more information in this thread: http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4291

lmcguire31 said:
Hi I am a Canadian citizen and have plans to marry an American. We have been searching the internet trying to find some answers to our questions. Would it be easier to get married when I am down visiting or should we apply for a fiance visa before I go. How long does the process usually take after we are married that I can live there full time and work. The thing is that I have children that will be coming with me and in todays world raising a family the two parents have to work to make it. Also they are school age children and I would like to get married in june or july and have all the paper work in and ready so I can be living down there and working before school starts back in september. I have a trip planned for april because we just purchased a house and was wondering if we should apply for a finace visa before I go or wait until I come back. We have no idea how any of this works Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back