confused about FMLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferh

Long story short, my supervisor and I have had a very tense relationship since I notified him I would be taking maternity leave/ FMLA. He has tried to bully me repeatedly since then and I have addressed this with HR, who basically labeled me as complaining and being an instigator within our department. Since all of this started (and before I had received nothing but positive feedback and we had a completely professional relationship) my yearly evaluation was 2 1/2 months late and I was refused back pay. I was placed on a group improvement plan based on the actions of 3 co-workers and no documentation was given as to why, and this decreased my holiday bonus by $200, even though my refusing to sign off on this and going to HR resulted in the PIP (personal improvement plan) being removed from our files. My clock in times were monitored and if I clocked in more than 3 minutes before or after my 7:30 start time I was spoken to about it. When I asked why I was being monitored, my supervisor monitored everyone hourly within our department, but did not hold them to the same standards. I was repeatedly assigned jobs (typically within the duties of my position) that I could no longer do because I was pregnant and then it was left up to me to find co-workers to help. This was not addressed with our department until I mentioned it to HR and had a note written by my attending physician (I work at a hospital!). When HR advised my supervisor to address it, he did so by basically letting others know they would have to do more work because I couldn't do mine. I dealt with this kind of bullying on a daily basis from him, and tried to grin and bear it until I went on FMLA to have my baby. This was to be my last week of work, but the constant stress raised my blood pressure off the charts and my doctor sent me in for observation several times. I was taken off of work 4 days earlier than planned. Even before HR or my boss were notifed of my early leave, my boss disabled my remote access and notifed my co-workers the next day that they were not to enable my user accounts without his permission. Working in the IT department, I know this has never been done before for anyone in the hospital on FMLA, especially not the 5 others in our department that have taken FMLA at some point in the last 2 years. I'm concerned about his intent to fire me while on FMLA or immediatly following. Is this aloud? Also, I know our HR policy on FMLA pay (because we do no offer short term disability) is that you use your sick and vacation times and then it is unpaid leave. However, I also know that 4 other co-workers who have used FMLA were paid the entire leave, putting them at negative sick hours they had to make up when they came back. My boss also did this for my bearevement time last year - entering 36 sick hours that placed me in the negative on sick time, but did not touch my vacation time. He has made it clear he has no intention of paying me for my FMLA this time once my sick and vacation times run out. Based on the fact that he did pay the other associates, is there any way to make him do the same for me? Any help/ advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm scheduled to have my baby next week (my third) and the last thing I need - especially while on ordered bed rest - is worrying that I won't have a job to go back to. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back