conflict of interest

D

Dan Jilg

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
The marriage issues
My wife started seeing a church counselor at a church were see attends M.O.Ps the church is a protestant denomination and we are roman catholic. We had just had our third baby and our second child was showing possible development issues, this was the main source of marital conflict. Along with the struggles with our children. Her parents added pressure to the situation by sending a letter stating that they felt like I was cutting them out of the children's lives they were not being able to give gifts or get enough hugs and snuggles.(I do have some issues with the way my in laws behave around the boys most of what is probably just difference in cultures there oldest son is homosexual and I am a little homophobic and maybe hold it against them there had been no specific verbal confetaions other than grandma picked up my oldest son 4 years old and was holding him in her lap him he did not look comfortable so I asked him if he was comfortable be held and stroked he did not answer and grandma said nothing, I wasn't sure what to do with the silence and kept trying to get my son to respond to me, the word she used in the letter was sensed, this semi confrontation happened while visiting them in July).
======================
The question 1
My wife was put on antidepressants by this pastor or by his referral I am not sure exactly were the prescription came from they come in the mail. After I attended three sessions with my wife he proposed a two week separation my wife went to my brother and my sister in laws house and I stayed with the older two children and she was still nursing the infant. (I felt blind sided by this as the sessions in my opinion were going ok, two of these sessions were in the same day and the session were the separation was suggested was at the end of the day, me and my wife had to have meeting with ESU people over my middle sons speech delay) We have been seeing him regularly now once a week him and i spent most of a session talking about faith and how i felt awkward being counseled by someone that i felt had an possible agenda to make conversions to his faith, my wife has been on the anti depressants and is constantly reading books he has given and has texted him.
with the drugs, constant god talks, and his push to convert, is this a conflict of interest ?

I have been tasked by my wife to talk to her parents but have yet to get it done with my middle sons speech therapy, work, and preschool my in laws live 5 hours away and I planed on talking via Skype the counselor keeps suggesting but not mandating pastoral or third party be present to help with comunication.
The hole situation started with post pardium, conflict over what to do with my sons speech delay, than in laws pressure, and now I feel we are being pushed to convert to the counsels church or at least there is added pressure to an already sensitive situation on top of it all.

I am not really looking to go legal just the situation is weird
and most of the pressure after we worked thru some of our issues with my son ( we got a speech therapist and are doing extracurricular activities swimming lessons) and the depression the baby is 7 months now and seems little better seems to be coming from his faith and her parents at witch she is in the middle of.
=======================
Suspicion and possible paranoia
This last part is kinda weird and I have a paranoid personality but.
All my communication with my in laws is between my wife right now. witch isn't fair to her to be put in the middle. I recently herd my mother in law has sought help for herself, (they have a step son that is in a group home right now and see is having some depression type issues of her own). but it comes at a time that eats more of my time to talk to them as the holidays are coming up and I would like to get this done. I am slightly suspicious that information could be passed as a heads up to help in avoidance of my talking to them on my terms, believe her parents might be the same church.

I think we may have signed something saying he can send information other sources.

You might want to consult a divorce attorney or a family therapist.

You didn't ask a question, appears you just wanted to vent.

Good luck.

The marriage issues
My wife started seeing a church counselor at a church were see attends M.O.Ps the church is a protestant denomination and we are roman catholic. We had just had our third baby and our second child was showing possible development issues, this was the main source of marital conflict. Along with the struggles with our children. Her parents added pressure to the situation by sending a letter stating that they felt like I was cutting them out of the children's lives they were not being able to give gifts or get enough hugs and snuggles.(I do have some issues with the way my in laws behave around the boys most of what is probably just difference in cultures there oldest son is homosexual and I am a little homophobic and maybe hold it against them there had been no specific verbal confetaions other than grandma picked up my oldest son 4 years old and was holding him in her lap him he did not look comfortable so I asked him if he was comfortable be held and stroked he did not answer and grandma said nothing, I wasn't sure what to do with the silence and kept trying to get my son to respond to me, the word she used in the letter was sensed, this semi confrontation happened while visiting them in July).
======================
The question 1
My wife was put on antidepressants by this pastor or by his referral I am not sure exactly were the prescription came from they come in the mail. After I attended three sessions with my wife he proposed a two week separation my wife went to my brother and my sister in laws house and I stayed with the older two children and she was still nursing the infant. (I felt blind sided by this as the sessions in my opinion were going ok, two of these sessions were in the same day and the session were the separation was suggested was at the end of the day, me and my wife had to have meeting with ESU people over my middle sons speech delay) We have been seeing him regularly now once a week him and i spent most of a session talking about faith and how i felt awkward being counseled by someone that i felt had an possible agenda to make conversions to his faith, my wife has been on the anti depressants and is constantly reading books he has given and has texted him.
with the drugs, constant god talks, and his push to convert, is this a conflict of interest ?

I have been tasked by my wife to talk to her parents but have yet to get it done with my middle sons speech therapy, work, and preschool my in laws live 5 hours away and I planed on talking via Skype the counselor keeps suggesting but not mandating pastoral or third party be present to help with comunication.
The hole situation started with post pardium, conflict over what to do with my sons speech delay, than in laws pressure, and now I feel we are being pushed to convert to the counsels church or at least there is added pressure to an already sensitive situation on top of it all.

I am not really looking to go legal just the situation is weird
and most of the pressure after we worked thru some of our issues with my son ( we got a speech therapist and are doing extracurricular activities swimming lessons) and the depression the baby is 7 months now and seems little better seems to be coming from his faith and her parents at witch she is in the middle of.
=======================
Suspicion and possible paranoia
This last part is kinda weird and I have a paranoid personality but.
All my communication with my in laws is between my wife right now. witch isn't fair to her to be put in the middle. I recently herd my mother in law has sought help for herself, (they have a step son that is in a group home right now and see is having some depression type issues of her own). but it comes at a time that eats more of my time to talk to them as the holidays are coming up and I would like to get this done. I am slightly suspicious that information could be passed as a heads up to help in avoidance of my talking to them on my terms, believe her parents might be the same church.

I think we may have signed something saying he can send information other sources.

So what's your question?

Back