Condo Assoc changing legal description of property

M

Mamasita1227

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Condo Assoc changing legal description of property by removing the deck. Can they do this? Also they were in receipt of funds prior to bringing a law suit against me for the funds they were in possession of plus attorney fees, is this legal?

Condo Assoc changing legal description of property by removing the deck. Can they do this? Also they were in receipt of funds prior to bringing a law suit against me for the funds they were in possession of plus attorney fees, is this legal?

Legality is determined after the conclusion of a trial.

I suggest you aggressively DEFEND yourself by hiring a licensed attorney in your county.

Condo Assoc changing legal description of property by removing the deck. Can they do this?

They aren't changing the "legal description" of the property. The "legal description" is what is on your deed that describes the real estate that you own. That will never change.

However, if your deed says you own the deck then you can seek an injunction to prevent the removal, or compensation if it has already been removed.

If the deck is a common element then you will have to study your CC&Rs to see if the HOA has the right to remove or alter common elements.

Also they were in receipt of funds prior to bringing a law suit against me for the funds they were in possession of plus attorney fees, is this legal?

Of course, it's legal.

If you have a defense against a lawsuit you raise that defense in your response and at trial. That's all anybody can say about that without more details about what happened.

Back