Concerning driving without insurance and a suspended license in Washington state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

panoptic

I got pulled over the other day for supposedly being intoxicated and supposedly swerving in and out of the lane I was in. This was becuase it was raining with low visibility, I wasn't wearing my glasses, and I had a flat tire though. I was under the influence of a high dose of Ativan, an anti anxiety medication so I don't really remember what happened because I was in and out of blacking out during the traffic stop. The cops told me that I'd receive citations in the mail and at one point I was under arrest, in handcuffs and being read my rights.

My question is, Is it possible to be let go after a cop pulls you over for driving without insurance and a suspended license or is that something that will automatically send you to jail. Basically I'm wondering if I should actually expect citations in the mail. I never signed anything, they just let me go but said I had to walk and if they saw me driving again they would arrest me and take me to jail.

Thanks.

If you didn't sign anything then you probably are going to get anything in the mail. However, you said you blacked out a lot, so maybe you did sign something.
To answer the question though, no, this is not really unusual.

You might want to speak with an attorney.

You may not clearly recall what actually occurred.

Police officers do not unarrest people.

The drug you admit to taking, was it prescribed for you?

You admit to driving without glasses.

That will get you a ticket.

Erratic driving does not go unnoticed by the police, and rarely gies unpunished.

Why not contact the police agency directly and ask them what will result from the traffic stop?

If it is over, good for you, and be more careful.

If it isn't, get your checkbook and pen ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back