Concerned farther

H

Hillbilly6911

Jurisdiction
Alabama
DHR has placed my son in a safety plan taking him out of his mother's home due to drug use by her and her husband he was placed with her mother the maternal grandmother I would like to get cousty of my son and don't understand why he wasn't giving to me I love in another state but only 80 miles away from where he was placed any advise on what I should do or how I should do to go about getting my son he is 13 and told me and dhr he wants to live with me I'm very confused and can't get a straight answer from anyone on this matter I have talked to a lawyer but would like to know what I can except to happen before I spend every time I have to pay a lawyer any advise would be helpful

Because DHR wants reunification with Mom (that's the first goal of just about every removal of a child - reunify them with their primary caretaker). They are not going to send Junior to you out of state (and their control), without a heck of a lot of paperwork, and Mom has to be not working her plan as given to her by DHR.

Because DHR wants reunification with Mom (that's the first goal of just about every removal of a child - reunify them with their primary caretaker). They are not going to send Junior to you out of state (and their control), without a heck of a lot of paperwork, and Mom has to be not working her plan as given to her by DHR.

Ok how should I go about getting full cousty and how hard would it be to prove her unfit

Hire a lawyer in Alabama to bring an action before the correct Alabama court to revisit your custody agreement seeking full custody on your behalf.

Back