Completing Felony PTI and Background Check

John02468

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello. I was charged with 4th degree Stalking in New Jersey and successfully completed PTI. I have no other criminal history. I've been applying to jobs that require a fingerprint background check (FBI level 2). I understand that, even if the record has been expunged, the hiring manager can still see the criminal record with this type of check. Will this potentially affect my hiring status?

Also, I've been considering citizenship in other countries at some future point. I understand many countries don't allow felons. However, with PTI the charge was dropped and I was not convicted. I'm sure it's highly dependent on the country, but do many countries care about convicted felons or just charged felons?

Thank you.

Will this potentially affect my hiring status?

Not in all attempts, but upon discovery of your conviction, you'll find yourself MYSTERIOUSLY not receiving employment offers.

Worse case scenario, even if you get hired, be prepared to get terminated upon discovery of your misadventures.

Sadly, unlike the 18th, 19th, early 20th century; few believe that if you've served your sentence, your debt is paid to society. Many believe that once convicted, you're cruising to multiple, subsequent convictions.

Hello. I was charged with 4th degree Stalking in New Jersey and successfully completed PTI. I have no other criminal history. I've been applying to jobs that require a fingerprint background check (FBI level 2). I understand that, even if the record has been expunged, the hiring manager can still see the criminal record with this type of check. Will this potentially affect my hiring status?
How would we, a bunch of random strangers on the internet, know what affect this may have on a company's hiring decisions?

Also, I've been considering citizenship in other countries at some future point. I understand many countries don't allow felons. However, with PTI the charge was dropped and I was not convicted. I'm sure it's highly dependent on the country, but do many countries care about convicted felons or just charged felons?
Do you REALLY expect us to research the laws of nearly 200 countries for you?

Back