Consumer Fraud Company retained collection agency part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miura

Last time I mentioned that this company retained a collection agency to collect $122.60 for products that did not, and have not, been delivered.
They claimed they sent me 19 DVDs (3 DVDs per package) in all. I received 5 DVD packages only. The 1st promotional package had just 1 DVD; subsequent packages had 3 DVDs per package. I sent a letter and enclosed a list of titles and subtitles, numbers from the DVDs and DVDs' cases; of all 13 DVDs I received and paid for, to the collection agency. I cc'd Better Business Bureau, FTC, Consumer Advocate, and this company. In fact, in anticipation of their denial in receiving the copy of my letter and documents to the collection agency, I sent three copies: one to payment address, two to the manager who sent me the list of 19 DVDs, and 19 sets of 3 digit numbers, which I could not find in one DVD - back, front or the case. One of the copies I sent I certified it for delivery signature.
I had put in a complaint to BBB and e-mailed them copies of all the documents I sent to the collection agency. Two weeks later I received a response from BBB with attachment of a letter to them from The Company's director. Her letter listed dates of 8 shipments, starting Sept 30, 2011, culminating in the 8th shipments; that they sent 8 shipments therefore I still owe them $129.60, and requesting that I call them.
The director claimed that they did not receive copies of such correspondence from me to the collection agency. I believe BBB sent them copies of all my correspondence, as indicated in the complaint form when I filed. BBB requested me to respond within 10 days. I went to USPS, got a copy of the name and signature of the receiving person, sent it along with my letter, a copy of my receipt, copy of USPS "Track & Confirm" and mail to BBB.
I moved Oct 1st. and had informed USPS of my move and my new address in advance and requested them to forward my mail to the new address effective Oct. 1, 2011. I received the first shipment (1 DVD) in either late October or early November as my payment shows a date of first week of November. This company had put two apartment numbers (my old and new apt #s) on the packages they sent me. I had mentioned it to them in an e-mail when the dispute started.
Yesterday, I got another letter from the manager asking me to call them regarding the cards. Enclosed inside each DVD case is a cellophane envelope containing 6 colorful 6"x4" cards of ancient historical places/myths/persons and the back has a brief description of each. I checked the cards before for the 3 digit numbers he provided and did not find any of these 3 digit numbers. I do not want to talk to these people on the phone. They are stressing me so much that my stomach clenches every time I go check my mail. I am going to list the captions on the cards and the number each card has and sends it to him, cc his director and BBB.
Oh, my complaint went to BBB in Pennsylvania. I just found out that there's a BBB in California. Since I am from California, should I send copies of everything to them and ask them to look into it too? Are there different consumer laws in different states?
I don't know what the limit of one's post is but I feel I might get good advice if I explained a bit more about my situation and this company. Thanks you so much everyone and any advice is much appreciated.

Stop stressing over nothing. The worse that can be done has probably happened. They may have dinged your credit.

You can negotiate. Call them and offer to send them $25 to settle this.
But, ask them to send you a letter indicating the terms and stating the $25 payment settles everything in full.

Or, you can simply change your number, don't give it out, and ignore them. If they mail you, tear their Lester's up. No one is going to sue you for $100. Then forget about this nonsense.

Or, pay them the $100 and send a letter saying payment in full, account closed.

These people are predators. They recognize weak people and strong people. They probably think they'll scare you into paying them the lousy $100.

This isn't a legal matter, especially since you're in two states, a continent apart.

Pick your battles wisely.

Don't allow others to bulky or scare you.

Thank you Army Judge. This is the first time I am being hassled hence being stressed.

I strongly feel it's so wrong for them to hassle me, therefore I can't just ignore them. And as you said they probably have dinged my credit, it's that I want clear. I have informed them several times I did not received the products, that I would gladly pay for $129. 60 (it's gone up) when I receive the product . Yet, they keep sending me letters and bills. At least the collection agency stopped after I responded to them.

I am concern that if I just ignore them, they might make it worse for me since they're a big company. Has anyone experience the same situation?

Thanks all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back