Company Policy change

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

I work with a company that deals with MD/DD people. I have worked there since March 04. The company had a "Hands Off" policy, meaning we were not able to restrain the consumer if they were having a behavior. The company now has changed their Policy to "Hands On", meaning restraining a consumer is acceptable if needed. The new Policy states that if you are not able to physically pass NCI B (North Carolina Intervention) training then you will not be able to work at this company. I am a Paraplegic, since 1971. There is no way I can physically pass NCI B due to my confinement to a wheelchair. My question is, is this not discrimination? Is there nothing that I can do?

Unless you are claiming that the policy was changed specifically to prevent you from being able to do your job, no, it is not discrimination. Nothing in the ADA requires that you be exempted from job requirements that everyone else is liable for.

Is this legally valid in a company policy ? - the policy says "where all employees will be binded for 2 years evrytime they will be assigned abroad 91 days or more regardless of existing binding contract"...actually, the company had already policy regarding this binding contract however, they decided to revised it without proper dialogue or consultation with the employees association...does this kind of act of the company legally correct?...thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back