Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Company Drug and Alcohol Policy Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCard

I have been suspended for a Drug and Alcohol Violation stemming from a reasonable suspicion accusation. (1)The company drug and Alcohol Policy states no alcohol consumption while ON DUTY. I am in a two week training session at the time of the occurance. Not actively working in my full time duties. (2) Reasonable Suspicion testing can occur if two individuals concur that I am under the influence. I was seen in a restaurant having a single beer with my sandwich. Time given for lunch was for one hour. I had a large fish sandwich with my meal and I showed no outwards signs of being under the influence or having abused alcohol. (3) I was not in uniform. I was wearing blue jeans , t-shirt, sneakers and a hoodie that covered my ID badge, but a company lanyard was partially visable. The company has uniforms for affected personal with the general public.(4) Immediate suspension occurs pending test results and Disciplinary action can occur with a test of .02 or higher. I blew .000 at the company sight and was suspended immediately following the test even though a negative test allows me to return to my duties. I am a little confused. Can anyone shed some light on my situation. Can I be fired for this? The company management isn't even following their own policies.

Last edited:
McCard, you now have to be patient.
Wait until they get back to you.
You blew a zero, so they have no case.
The people that allegedly observed you, don't know what you were drinking.
You could have been drinking a NON-ALCOHOLIC beer.
It looks like beer, but doesn't contain any alcohol.
If it were me, and I had to give a statement, that is what I'd say.
Yeah, I'd say I was drinking NON-ALCOHOLIC beer alright, and that is why I blew a ZERO!
I'll bet you'll say that, too!!!!!!!

Thanks

I will post in the civil thanks. Also for Army I was made to sign a statement what I had for lunch which including a single beer.

McCard said:
I will post in the civil thanks. Also for Army I was made to sign a statement what I had for lunch which including a single beer.

You screwed yourself.

Never, ever, ever sign or admit anything witout benefit of counsel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back