common law marriage car gift

mater

I have been living with my bf for almost 3 years we call each other husband and wife and so do a lot of people. I want to leave him due to his cheating I have proof of that. He leased a car out for me because I couldn't and have pictures and texts saying it's my car. Would I be able to take the car with me since it was a gift? Do I have any other rights to anything else? We did not file taxes together because I don't have a SS Number and I didn't know if it would affect in a negative way. I have people who are willing to write letters stating we have been living together and that we call each other husband and wife I have pictures of us wearing rings and pictures of our cell phones saying husband and wife under contacts.

The car is leased. It does not belong to either of you and is essentially a long term rental. You might do yourself a favor and leave the car alone.
Your pictures, texts, etc are irrelevant. He can not gift you something that is not his.

I have been living with my bf for almost 3 years we call each other husband and wife and so do a lot of people. I want to leave him due to his cheating I have proof of that. He leased a car out for me because I couldn't and have pictures and texts saying it's my car. Would I be able to take the car with me since it was a gift? Do I have any other rights to anything else? We did not file taxes together because I don't have a SS Number and I didn't know if it would affect in a negative way. I have people who are willing to write letters stating we have been living together and that we call each other husband and wife I have pictures of us wearing rings and pictures of our cell phones saying husband and wife under contacts.

Moose was spot on, and all I can add is that you won't do yourself any favors appearing before a Texas court with your admitted dubious presence in this country.

If you haven't filed the necessary documents before your county clerk, your living arrangement has no legal significance.

Back