Commission refused to be paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblnklamg

I worked full time for the construction company and was given a ultimatum to either work there for $15 an hour and quit college or i needed to leave on feb 22, 2008. I left. School is more important. Before my leaving, they were fine with my school schedule in the beginning. During my employment, I sold a project for an end result of about $100,000.00. In which I had a $5000.00 commission envolved. When I left, I asked for my commission up front. They stated that I would be paid my comission after the project was complete. I did everything for the project to ensure timely schedule and everything. When I was let go, I was told in order to keep my commission, I would have to return, unpaid, and finish the CAD submittals, contract work, and stay in the loop of the project because I knew and understood the project and not anyone else. I gave them my word and did just that. I went back finished the work and kept in touch. I have written emails to both my ex company and the project manager of the project I sold to stay in the loop. About 2 months ago, I wrote another email asking about the project and if there was any meetings or anything that I need to do or help with on this project. I received a reply that nothing was needed of me at this time but they would let me know. About a month ago, I wrote another email about my commission and project status, and they stated that more work was added and that i might have to come down and help sort out what was in the first two contracts verus the new contract additions. I said I would help out.Today I found out that the project was finished. I wrote my old company to ask when I would be able to pick up my comission for the project. I got an email in return stating that the job was a loss, the comissions should rightfully go to someone else for "taking over" the project and that I was not going to be paid a dime and i should just forget about it. Do I have any rights or anything I can do in this situation? Any help would be great Thanks again

You can contact the DOL in your unnamed state and ask them how commissions should be handled in this case.

I spoke to the DOL today and they said to fill a wage claim form and that it should work out ok. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back