Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI College Student Charged with DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoruZ

I am a college student who was apprehended by a police officer outside of my dormitory hall. The police officer used unnecessary and excessive force in front of multiple witnesses, and I sustained a severe concussion, fading in and out of consciousness while being apprehended. Eyewitnesses observed my face and skull making contact with the cement sidewalk, resulting in considerable blood loss and a subsequent hospital visit. All facial wounds and other injuries have been documented and photographed by myself upon being released from the hospital. DUI charges are based on an unknown witness who purportedly observed me driving intoxicated. I was not driving, I merely walked in and out of the parking garage to access the trunk of my car. My car was sitting in a parking garage a block away from where I was apprehended. Other charges being filed include underage drinking, harassment, and resisting arrest. As I was relatively unconscious after sustaining a concussion, I do not understand how these two latter charges may be applied. Again, I am claiming to be the victim of the dishonest and unintentionally violent behavior of a police officer. I would like to hire a DUI attorney, yet I am afraid it is beyond the means of my financial situation. My permanent residence is in New Jersey, but I go to school in Pennsylvania. The specific police department in question is the University Park Campus Police, at the Pennsylvania State University. I am 19 years old. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back