Collecting wages from Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspruill

My jurisdiction is: Virginia

Last month after 4 months of warrant in debit over my employer for unpaid wages $13,000. I won the case. Now comes the question of collecting from a company who claims he could not afford an attorney to represent the company at the time of the suit.
How and what can I go after in the company it's self to get my wages. The building is closed but not bankrupt, there's still machines, supplies,etc. in the building.

Your attorney should have some ideas. Or a collection agency, which will attempt to collect for a fee (portion of the amount collected).

Unpaid Wages after submitting resignation

Hi, I am in similar boat as yours... My last employer did not pay me 2 months of wages as I submitted my resignation... approx net due is $10K+. I spoke to some attorney but they are not interested to take the case as the amount is small (for them). I want to know how did you proceed about filing the case against your employer to collect the wages?

MY last employer was in IL and I am in NC. If you have some general info also how to proceed, please share... anyone else who has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. Is is possible to file a case or use a collection agency to collect the unpaid wages?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Um, didn't I give two suggestions?

And seeing as how I gave them 6 weeks ago, it doesn't look like anybody had any others, otherwise they would have posted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back