Collecting small claim judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabeasley

I have recieved a judgement and now am unable to collect on it. I have filed for a wage garnishment and it somehow turns out that she doesn't make enough money for me to garnish. I have read the legal guide here and it doesn't seem to apply to me at all. She has no bank account and nothing for me to take in order to satisfy the judgement. I won't bother to send post interoggatories because the questions don't apply. I don't know what to do now. She has gotten taxes back last year and stimulas and will again get both this year. Is there any way for me to attach her social security number through the federal gov so that I get my money before she gets her tax refund? I just need some help please.

Unfortunately, while tax refunds can be garnished by certain groups (i.e., for owed child support, for example) individuals who win judgements cannot do this.

You are finding out (unfortunately!) that winning a judgement often means one will never actually see a penny of the amount owed.

Gail

Since I am a nasty B***h and am so angry about this I cannot see straight. Is it possible for me to have this made into a criminal matter. The bottom line is she stole money from me right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back