Co worker abuse

W

wildgoose

Jurisdiction
Texas
Co worker yelled at me then grabbed my wrist to hold me so I would listen to her. I asked her to let go and she did not, then I asked again firmly, Let go of me Now!
I reported the incident and she did not deny it. It was investigated by HR and they let her keep her job, I feel it is unfair and I am afraid to be around her

Co worker yelled at me then grabbed my wrist to hold me so I would listen to her. I asked her to let go and she did not, then I asked again firmly, Let go of me Now!
I reported the incident and she did not deny it. It was investigated by HR and they let her keep her job, I feel it is unfair and I am afraid to be around her

You could have called "911" and reported the battery she committed upon your person.

You decided to report it to your employer, and you have to live with that choice.

An employer has no duty to do anything when you complain, yours chose to investigate.
Apparently the matter was addressed, and you have no right to know what the employer did to the other person.
Heck, the employer may have given the other party a bonus for roughing you up, but you'll never know.

If you feel unsafe you can always quit and find a safer job with a better employer making more money.

If you can't and you want a paycheck, then you have to shut up, grin, and pretend you like it.

You know that lie parents say, "I love all my kids the same."
Its a lie, because we love some people more because they are more like us.
Employers like some employees better than others.
At any rate, its over, so its time to move on and do what you were hired to do to get paid.

All you can do is report it. You have no control over the outcome. I suggest you let it go and not let it become something bigger. If you let your displeasure over the outcome be known to your employer you'll likely draw unwanted attention.

Even if you had reported it to law enforcement it doesn't sounds like something that would have gotten far. Technically it's battery but I doubt any action would have been taken without some injury.

Your employer was under no obligation to fire the other employee. You can think it unfair all you like but that was an unrealistic expectation.

There are basic self defense techniques that will allow you to easily escape a "wrist grab."

Doing this on the job would be a great way to get yourself fired, even if legally justified.

OP took the best course of action by not becoming aggressive and reporting to the employer.

There are no circumstances whatsoever under which the law gives you a say in how another employee is disciplined. There are no circumstance whatsoever under which the law requires your employer take the action you consider to be "fair".

Fair is where you go to ride the Ferris wheel and eat cotton candy.

So, somebody assaults you and you just say, "Please don't do that."

SMH.

This is the 21st century.
The 20th century was so much better, and the 19th century was better than the 20th.
Progress has a new meaning, as do most other words in the 20th century.
Self defense, and many other self help remedies, can be fraught with more difficulties that the threat recently confronting you.

Back