Co. reduced order "on paper" to lessen commission due

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivek0247

To Whom it May Concern:

I was recently dismissed from a company for which I was a sales rep. I believe an order that was pending customer approval and for which I was promised I'd be paid, was altered "on paper" (without customer knowledge) to reduce the order value so that the commission owed would be less.

I'm very curious to find out if there are any legal options available to me.

Much appreciated,

Kevin Sullivan

Your only option is a small claims action. Neither the federal nor Virginia DOL gets involved with commission issues unless you are a nonexempt employee and the reduction of the commission amount resulted in you getting less than minimum wage.

Your only option is a small claims action. Neither the federal nor Virginia DOL gets involved with commission issues unless you are a nonexempt employee and the reduction of the commission amount resulted in you getting less than minimum wage.
If it was my aim to proved through "discovery" that falsification of a contract or official records occurred, would that make it a viable case for the civil courts?

To my knowledge, yes it would. But I am not an attorney, so I don't know how the discovery process works in a small claims action. Check back for further responses.

nivek0247 said:
If it was my aim to proved through "discovery" that falsification of a contract or official records occurred, would that make it a viable case for the civil courts?

What is the approximate value of the amount in dispute?

What is the approximate value of the amount in dispute?
If the order was written for full face value, it would be comissionable at roughly $1,500. If what I'm told the order "was worth", they're suggesting my commission would be in the neighborhood of $200.

nivek0247 said:
If the order was written for full face value, it would be comissionable at roughly $1,500. If what I'm told the order "was worth", they're suggesting my commission would be in the neighborhood of $200.

That wouldn't make me very happy, either.
Unfortunately, it isn't cost effective to pursue.
You could bring a small claims suit.
You might recover.
But, it'll cost you at least $100 to file the case and another $50 to effect service.
It could be cheaper, depending on your state fees.

You're right! I've got to let it go. I mostly was looking for a way to give them a 3-Stooges double-eye-poke before they could get their hand up to block it.

You are very kind to offer advise like this to the public. It's greatly appreciated.

nivek0247 said:
You're right! I've got to let it go. I mostly was looking for a way to give them a 3-Stooges double-eye-poke before they could get their hand up to block it.

You are very kind to offer advise like this to the public. It's greatly appreciated.
You're welcome. I'm pleased to be able to offer assistance where I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back