Assault & Battery Class c missdemenaor

S

Sang

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi

My wife called 911 when the officers came She denied to file a report or charges. The officer arrested me and booked me for class c misdemeanor. I got bail immediately and I am back home. PLease help what should I expect next ?

We don't read minds and have no idea what you're talking about.

Why did you get arrested and what did you get charged with??

Hi

My wife called 911 when the officers came She denied to file a report or charges. The officer arrested me and booked me for class c misdemeanor. I got bail immediately and I am back home. PLease help what should I expect next ?

Plead not guilty at your court hearing.
Ask the judge if you qualify for a public defender.
If you don't, you'll have to hire your lawyer.
If you do qualify for a PD, the taxpayers pay for your lawyer.
Until this matter is resolved, you shouldn't discuss it with anyone but your lawyer, and obey ALL of their laws.

Hi

Was it domestic violence? Because the cops are going to usually arrest someone if it's a domestic violence call. You nor your wife gets to file charges. That's up to the county attorney/DA. Not sure what "Class C Misdemeanor" means. That could be a lot of charges.

Back