civil sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalmir

I have been sued and also placed on probation for restitution by the insurance company due to a car wreck. They could not collect all in criminal case sop the difference they sued for. So my question is, if I file bankruptcy for the civil case then when I get off probation and there is still an amount of restitution to be paid can they sue again for remaining restitution? Since I believe it is the same company and they can not.

I have been sued and also placed on probation for restitution by the insurance company due to a car wreck. They could not collect all in criminal case sop the difference they sued for. So my question is, if I file bankruptcy for the civil case then when I get off probation and there is still an amount of restitution to be paid can they sue again for remaining restitution? Since I believe it is the same company and they can not.

Any plaintiff can sue you or anyone a million times.

The question you should be concerned with, is do you have enough evidence to defend yourself properly?

It appears these matters are linked (or derive out of the same set of circumstances), so you should discuss this with your criminal defense attorney; and then with a bankruptcy attorney.

I ask you to consider the infamous OJ murder case.

OJ beat the criminal charge, and later failed to prevail at a civil trial.

As a result, OJ has a $30,000,000 judgment hovering over his head.

It'll be there for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back