City right of way abandoned or neg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Allen Sandven

Our personal residence real estate is located to an adjacent ROW. Right of way " Alley" .
We had a basement constructed under our existing dwelling due to a broken water pipe causing foundation damage ( this was a unique and not caused by ROW or other 3rd party as I understand just a old pipe below grade broke .) however the row drains right into our basement and the city continues to ignor while I have spent thousands of dollars of time and material to divert the city runoff but continue to get treaspasing and criminal charges threatened for trying to midi gate the drainage issue along the property line of alley?
Clearly they are neglecting there responsibility ?

Our personal residence real estate is located to an adjacent ROW. Right of way " Alley" .
We had a basement constructed under our existing dwelling due to a broken water pipe causing foundation damage ( this was a unique and not caused by ROW or other 3rd party as I understand just a old pipe below grade broke .) however the row drains right into our basement and the city continues to ignor while I have spent thousands of dollars of time and material to divert the city runoff but continue to get treaspasing and criminal charges threatened for trying to midi gate the drainage issue along the property line of alley?
Clearly they are neglecting there responsibility ?

You can't reach any meaningful legal conclusion.

That's how they stack the deck on the citizenry.

I suggest you stop kicking the bear, the way you're going about it.

You will never win that way.

But, hire a good real estate lawyer, and see how to addres this correctly, using one of their judges to make the ruling you can't do.

Its at least worth an hour or two of your time to meet with thre eor four GOOD real estate lawyers in your county to discuss this matter.

The initial consultation is normally free of charge.

In the meantime, I suggest you play it THEIR way, unless you want REAL TROUBLE.

Never, ever kick the bear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back