Childsupportmodification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamekajackson

My Son has lived with me for 3 years but his dad still has legal custody of him and won't pay child support or help atALL. My son is now 16and rarely even goes to his dads, and NEVER stays the night. While going thru mediation I failed a hair strand test for drugs so he refused to let me have custody but still continues to let him reside with me. He claimed that he was worried for his safety but I think it's only because he fears having to pay child support. I'm afraid to pursue it because I have another young child that I'm afraid they will take her away if they(the state) know that I used. Should I go ahead with going to court for the 16 year old in question or can the courts take my baby when they find out I failed a hair test ???

Yes, they could make dad take the child back from the drug addict. They could also take the child away from both of you, under the circumstances.

Your first move is to stop taking illegal drugs! If you do then you no longer need concern yourself with drug testing. In mean time I would not rock the boat! If Dad is not pursuing custody leave well enough alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back