Child support

Scotty91177

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
My ex wife is taking me back to court to adjust child support. I gave my lawyer the last 3 years of my tax returns and she gave them to my ex wife's lawyer. My ex wife's lawyer gave her a copy of the last 3 years of my tax returns with me, my wife and her 2 kids SSN on them. Is that normal?

My ex wife is taking me back to court to adjust child support. I gave my lawyer the last 3 years of my tax returns and she gave them to my ex wife's lawyer. My ex wife's lawyer gave her a copy of the last 3 years of my tax returns with me, my wife and her 2 kids SSN on them. Is that normal?

I suspect its accepted practices for the court.

You DO have a lawyer.

I suggest you discuss any concerns you have with YOUR lawyer, and ONLY YOUR lawyer.

Is that normal?

Is what normal?

Is it normal for the recipient of child support to seek a modification now and then? Yes.

Is it normal for the payor of child support to produce income tax returns to the other party in connection with a modification request? Yes.

Is it normal for a lawyer to give his/her client copies of documents produced by the other side? Yes.

Is it normal for a party producing income tax returns in connection with a legal proceeding not to redact social security numbers? No. You or your lawyer should have redacted your SSNs before producing the returns to the other side.

Back