Child support

Cowgirlarizona

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I what to know do u have to pay child support if u receive SSI and SSD ? And what do you do if your ex wrote a letter that they don't want you to pay because of u health but the courts will not take it

SSI is not garnishable. SSDI has dependent benefits available to the children of someone on this program. If the minor children of the SSDI recipient are not signed up for the dependent benefits, they should be, and the parent receiving child support should be the representative payee. The parents then need to go to court (after filing the proper paperwork) and show the judge that the children are receiving dependent benefits and ask that that be considered child support.

Writing a letter to the judge ends up in the round file 95% of the time.

SSI is needs-based federal welfare. SSDI is not needs-based, but rather based on the recipient's work history before the disability happened.

[Qtried TE="KatDini, post: 236023, member: 104741"]SSI is not garnishable. SSDI has dependent benefits available to the children of someone on this program. If the minor children of the SSDI recipient are not signed up for the dependent benefits, they should be, and the parent receiving child support should be the representative payee. The parents then need to go to court (after filing the proper paperwork) and show the judge that the children are receiving dependent benefits and ask that that be considered child support.

Writing a letter to the judge ends up in the round file 95% of the time.

SSI is needs-based federal welfare. SSDI is not needs-based, but rather based on the recipient's work history before the disability happened.[/QUOTE]
I tried get my kid on the dependent benefit but I was told that I didn't work alot so I am on SSD and SSI I get around 700 a month and my ex wrote a letter that he didn't want child support due to my health but the court made is so I can't even see or talk to my kid

Then you are not receiving SSDI, you are solely on SSI.

There's more to the story that you can't afford to pay CS, and now the court won't let you see the child. That's not the way child support and visitation work. They are seen as totally separate issues in a court of law.

Then you are not receiving SSDI, you are solely on SSI.

There's more to the story that you can't afford to pay CS, and now the court won't let you see the child. That's not the way child support and visitation work. They are seen as totally separate issues in a court of law.
I know that it should be but the court said I could not talk to them I was in the hospital due to my health when my ex took it to court and my dad faxed papers showing I was in the hospital but the court said it didn't matter and my ex wrote a letter saying he didn't want child support at this time due to my health but the court will not take it I don't know were to get help at for this and my kids went behind their dad back and requested me on Facebook they are almost 14 and 17 I been trying to get help on this for awhile now

I know that it should be but the court said I could not talk to them I was in the hospital due to my health when my ex took it to court and my dad faxed papers showing I was in the hospital but the court said it didn't matter and my ex wrote a letter saying he didn't want child support at this time due to my health but the court will not take it I don't know were to get help at for this and my kids went behind their dad back and requested me on Facebook they are almost 14 and 17 I been trying to get help on this for awhile now

Well, cheer up mother.
Your nightmare is almost over.
One child will soon be an adult.
No restrictions apply for adults.

Back