Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLizz

Benn Wilcox Left our family in April of 1999. In July of 2000 Benn Wilcox moved to Hawaii with his new girlfriend and her daughter.
Since the move he has only talked to his two children 3 times. I have to take Gabe and Taryn to their Grandparents house, then they call Benn and if Benn is home the children talk. Gabriel is to be 14 on 2/3 and Taryn just turned 10 in October. They have lost interest in their "dad".

On December 6, 2000 I filed for Re-Establishment of child support. The case worker let our case sit on the shelf for months and months. On December 10 of 2001 our case was finaly signed by a judge and is offically an order. Here's what it looks like.
12/6/00 petition for child support
6/11/01 reccomendation presented
7/21/01 Objection filed
10/19/01 Objections heard in court before a judge
12/10/01 Child Support Order signed and filed with the court

Now Benn wilcox owes over $17000.00 plus; $5000.00 plus is debt to the state from 10 years ago. $11000.00 plus is owed to the support of Gabe and Taryn. He has not sent one penny for the support of the children. He was a caring father for 12 years, but an awful husband. If he only cared about what was happening. I do not want him to go to jail, but that is what the FOC is going to pursue. What choice do they have. Benn crossed state lines, is in arears of more than $5000.00 and has refused to pay for more than a year.
The FOC employee that took so long to follow through with her duties is still envolved with this case, she has put such a damper on how FOC proceedings are supposed to flow.

Just thought I would share a little of my Child Support story.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your story. I'm not sure why no money was paid and can't say why this individual choosed not to support what appears to be his biological children. Perhaps there are good reasons but it is not my position to comment.

Regarding any parent who neglects their child: Unfortunately people are given choices in their life. Some people try to ignore the problem but unfortunately there are consequences -- the children are very real. There are usually no real "winners" in domestic cases involving children, but parents who choose to ignore their children will need to deal with the consequences or their actions or failure to take responsibility and act. The repercussions of their behavior are usually small as compared to what the innocent children have suffered as a result.

I hope that the situation is resolved as best it can be resolved.

Shame on you, Elizabeth J Couch!

You know deep down that while I was not a good husband to you... I was a good father to our two children.

Us being together was *SO* bad. Roles are so important. I made sure to stand by the kids - and you - for *years* after divorce... all in the name of making things better for them.

Enough was enough... I *had* to come out of my own shell... and you were not the one to cause that... it simply was not your purpose.

Yes, Tracy was a part - a necessary part - to all of this... But she never meant you harm... you had already lost me!

You became so unpredictable. Your threats at the time included your feelings on if I should even be alive! We were all three, truly scared of you. It really was about getting out of town alive! Ask the police or prosecutors office.

So you asked for child support months after chasing me out of town and away from the kids that you KNOW I adored... That's fine. You even realized that while I was living in the worlds biggest GHETTO, you are the two children were planning ski trips etc. in your 5OK SUV.

It was set SO INCREDIBLY WAY TO HIGH - and you KNOW IT... I didn't stand a chance.

This isn't Michigan... the opportunities are not the same. When the deal comes along with an irate ex-wife harassment people become reluctant. Enough on that. You know what you have done.

Over the years you have continued to push. Push for anything you can get to cause me grief. It is not was not and will never be about Taryn or Gabe and you know it!

Your persistence has paid off... until now. Feb 10 2oo7 is when everything changed.

You WILL get off my back.

Details at http://getthispigoffmyback.com/

This is to The Law Professor.
Please sir I need your help, I am now in my third ralationship we have two kid's from her first relarionship. We were both married before twice. Now in my first I had three girl's all emansapated the youngest is 23 now. The child support wants 400.00 a month for areeres, The story to that is she clames I had never sent her any child support ever. I have leave and ernning statment from the Marine corps that prove I did. I also have gotten word from my first born that her mother is locked up for taking money from her work. this is the forth time. Now on my second relationship that lasted two days , I have a girl 14yrs now They want me to pay 600.00 a month, There is just no way we can afford this it's just to much. I am curently going to collage and on the verge of graduating to get a better job to take care of this stuff.

All I am asking is is there a way to reduce my child support and make all this areers thing go away or also reduced so that we can see a light at the end of the tunnel? my new family and I are going threw way to many problems because of this. Can You HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back