Child Support!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCompres

Help!!!
After 7 years not paying child support for my child (fighting with ex, she hiding and moving to avoid giving me visitation rights) we have come to an agreement. My problem is that now I dont know how to proceed. I want to pay, but do I need legal help? She has agreed to stop the child suppot order, so I can send the $ directly to them. But how do I go about paying the arrears, and clearing it out? I live abroad. I have tried to contact the NYC offfice but always get put on hold and later hang up on. Sent an e-mail to them and got an automatic message saying they will get back to me...but never do.

Is it true that I could be granted a reduccion on the arrears or the interest compounded?

Please help!!!!......

RCompres

Hi, just a few comments. If your ex is willing to work with you on child support than you guys can just set up a way to work out how the back support should be paid. Make sure to keep all cancelled checks or copies of money orders to prove that you are paying in case something ever comes up. This is the only way to protect yourself. I would calculate how much you owe in back support and talk to your ex about whether she is willing to forget the interest on the back support. If not, then you might need further legal advice. Please dont not forget to keep copies of all the payments you send to her, this will be your only proof of payment. Sorry, but this is all I can give you. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your questions further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back