Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephanieRegula

Hello,
My name is Stephanie. I am 16 years old. My father is a loving man that pays child support to my mother each month. I never recieve anything from the child support check. Last summer, I moved in with my father while he was still paying a checks (he kept paying so they wouldnt have to go to court). My mother only sent the same ammount as he paid her. -Dont you think she should have sent what he paid, plus some extra money so it would be like her paying him? *The reason for me moving in with my dad was because I dont get along with my mothers husband. -I moved out of my dads house to live with my mother again because she told me that she moved out of her husbands house and bought a new place that just me and her could live in. She moved back in with her husband while i still lived in the new house. (keep in mind her husband is very weathly.)There wasnt ever any food in the refridgerator. The cable got turned off, the phone finally got turned off. I moved in with my friend and her mother. -My mother doesnt get along with my friends mom. When I needed money to buy personal items, I would track my mother down in a bar and ask her for a few dollars. she would always have a smart reply about everything. she said, youre not living with me, why dont you have someone else buy it? I reminded her about the child support she recieves, she always said ''it belongs to me.'' -She doesnt have a job herself, and i believe she uses the child support to support her alcohol problems. The reason I wrote this is to find out if and how I can start recieving the check, instead of her. I have talked about this with my dad for sometime now, and he agrees with me. *PLEASE HELP*
Thank You,
*Stephanie Lyn*

Originally posted by StephanieRegula:
Hello,
My name is Stephanie. I am 16 years old. My father is a loving man that pays child support to my mother each month. I never recieve anything from the child support check. Last summer, I moved in with my father while he was still paying a checks (he kept paying so they wouldnt have to go to court). My mother only sent the same ammount as he paid her. -Dont you think she should have sent what he paid, plus some extra money so it would be like her paying him? *The reason for me moving in with my dad was because I dont get along with my mothers husband. -I moved out of my dads house to live with my mother again because she told me that she moved out of her husbands house and bought a new place that just me and her could live in. She moved back in with her husband while i still lived in the new house. (keep in mind her husband is very weathly.)There wasnt ever any food in the refridgerator. The cable got turned off, the phone finally got turned off. I moved in with my friend and her mother. -My mother doesnt get along with my friends mom. When I needed money to buy personal items, I would track my mother down in a bar and ask her for a few dollars. she would always have a smart reply about everything. she said, youre not living with me, why dont you have someone else buy it? I reminded her about the child support she recieves, she always said ''it belongs to me.'' -She doesnt have a job herself, and i believe she uses the child support to support her alcohol problems. The reason I wrote this is to find out if and how I can start recieving the check, instead of her. I have talked about this with my dad for sometime now, and he agrees with me. *PLEASE HELP*
Have you spoken with a guidance counselor at your school? It sounds like you are being neglected and something needs to be done but it would seem that the court might need to be involved and the order modified. Note, these are serious allegations and that you will have to think about what will happen afterwards, including living with your father potentially permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back