Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jihadandlaila

I have several questions.
1. I have never been sued for child support (17 years) and now my ex-wife has decided to do so. I am unemployed (disabled Veteran) drawing a disability compensation from VA. Sole source of income. Va also states I cannnot work. I have been employed through various periods of this time and incarcerated for a very large portion of this time. What formula will be used to determine how much support is to be paid for this period? Can I be directed to use my disability compensation from VA? and how long will current support payments be ordered if child continues on to college? Thank You for your time.

I don't know what state you are in. With regard to support payments, especially after this time, I really don't know what to say and perhaps someone with experience in that area might be able to speak up. My understanding is that veteran's benefits may not be exempt. Right now there is no outstanding child support order. Additionally, my understanding is that as strange as it may seem, child support suits can be entered at any time the child still needs the support and may include back support. In some states there may be a limitation whether a parent can collect back support if the child is an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back