child support / section 8 housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjazz

To be frank, the mother of my newly found 14 year old daughter (new to my knowledge) is a welfare recepient and has no desire to make a better life for herself or my daughter. The mother is collecting medic aid, food stamps and "x" amount for Ashley, my daughter.
My questions are:

1) If the mother is living in section 8 housing and collecting her welfare monies what are her obligations to the government and her daughter?

2) The mother has a friend of hers living with her in the section 8 housing. Her friend has 5 kids and is also collecting food stamps and maybe other welfare support money. Is this legal?

3) My daughter is 14. If my daughter wants to see me, can her mother stop that from happening?

I have done some work with Section 8 housing and it usually requires an approval of a lease. I wonder how the mother is able to afford the house and have someone else living there -- is she charging this other person and her extensive family rent? It wouldn't be the first time and if so, that would be illegal from my understanding.

Why would you think that the mother of your daughter could be able to prevent you from your child seeing you? Is there any court order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back