Child support reduction while in job retraining

Status
Not open for further replies.

musickm

How can I convince the court to decline to attribute income while in enrolled in career retraining? My military contract in Iraq is ending and I can't find a job in my field of expertise. I've been applying to jobs in related fields for several months with no success. I've never been in arrears and even paid extra in the past, to include providing medical coverage even though it was not my obligation. I've enrolled in a Renewable Energy Technology Program for career retraining as well as applied to several flexible-hour jobs such as Starbucks, Blockbuster and waiter positions to try and make ends meet. My wife and I are expecting our second child, facing foreclosure and bankruptcy, and I need some relief in my child support obligation.

You prepare an affidavit swearing to your new income, attach whatever documentation you have to prove it and showing your enrollment in the course, and apply in court for an order reducing the amount of child support to reflect your income. Exactly how you do that depends on your family court rules of procedure, and you'd need to talk to a an Arizona attorney for specific guidance. Or consult your local court clerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back